Sunday, February 1, 2015

Searching for a fireplace…

I Have long had an obsession love for

those vintage/retro metal fireplaces

Think ski lodge in the 70’s

or I do…cuz that is where we met

malm3

We even have one in the Casita…

and it is used many a night.

casitafireplace

Look how cozy….and this is just filled with Christmas lights.

malm4

But

lately….

I have been on the hunt for another.

for outside.

where we often sit by a fire. That is currently far less cool. Far less hip. far less ski lodge.

I would love this…

malm1

or this…

malm

Hello gorgeous…

malm2

Malm is still making these same fireplaces they developed in the 60’s.

They started out as a metal manufacturing company

and played around with designing fireplaces on the side.

Quintessential cool.

In my book.

But I am gonna keep on looking on craigslist.

Anyone have one? Or two?

 

 

6 comments:

Anajá Schmitz said...

Realmente é muito bonito.
Tenha uma ´ótima semana.

Ry @ Sotto Il Monte Vineyards said...

I had one in my house in Colorado - that was 32 years ago! Used it all the time and it worked great. Haven't seen many as of late but what a great idea to use it as an outdoor fireplace!

Nicki said...

Our neighbors found one on Craigslist last summer, and I've been envious. We don't have a fence between us, so I DO get to enjoy looking at it. Love the photo with the Christmas lights!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Nice, Nicki! Best of both worlds! Ry...it was new then, no? Minha...e voce mesmo!

melinda said...

There is one on our local Craigslist but they are asking $650 !!!

Unknown said...

Those are interesting alternatives to the usual brink and mortar fireplaces. I’m sure a lot of people would appreciate having one of those – not only because they look good, but also because they look like they would consume less space than a traditional fireplace. Though that first one does look like it would make any room seem like a ski lodge cottage. Haha! Anyway, thanks for sharing these fireplace ideas with us, and good luck with your search!

Lindsey Mckenzie @ Buchanan Fire and Outdoors

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails